Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi has reached Geneva for the second round of talks with America. Here he met Rafael Grossi, head of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). He posted on X and bluntly said that bowing down to threats is not part of this deal. He said that Iran is in favor of a fair and equal agreement.
Bowing to threats is not part of the deal: Abbas Araghchi
Abbas Araghchi said, ‘I am in Geneva with real ideas to achieve a fair and equitable agreement. Bowing to threats is not on the table (part of the deal). The second round of indirect talks between Iran and America will take place on Tuesday (17 February 2026) and Oman will again play the role of mediator in it. The first round of talks was held in Muscat last week, which both sides described as a good start. Araghchi also plans to address the United Nations Disarmament Conference in Geneva.
Talks resumed between Iran and America
Israel-US had targeted Iran’s nuclear sites in June 2025 and claimed that the nuclear sites had been extensively damaged. Only after that the situation remains tense. After this, Tehran and Washington started talks again in February. The White House had confirmed on Saturday (February 14, 2026) that Washington has sent Middle East envoy Steve Witkoff and President Donald Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner for talks.
America’s warning to Iran
US Secretary of State Marco Rubio has said that President Trump wants talks first, but all options are open. Iran claims that its nuclear program is peaceful. It is enriching uranium up to 60 percent, which is very close to weapons grade. The Trump administration has bluntly said that Iran cannot be allowed uranium enrichment at any cost.
President Trump announced on Friday (13 February 2026) that the world’s largest aircraft carrier ‘USS Gerald R. Ford’s are being shipped from the Caribbean to the Middle East. Trump is constantly saying that regime change in Iran would be the best thing.
Input By : IANS

